New US/UK Tax Treaty Includes Information Exchange Wording

tax       2001-07-26 
US tax authorities will be able to seek information about income earned by US citizens in Britain, their assets and their bank account details even if they are not resident in the UK. At present the Inland Revenue is only authorised to provide income information on American nationals to the US if the person is resident in Britain.